All About Teeth is proud to offer to Internship in Pediatric Dentistry, for the first time in Pakistan.
Definition and Scope of Pediatric Dentistry
Pediatric dentistry is an age-defined specialty that provides both primary and comprehensive preventive and therapeutic oral health care for infants and children through adolescence, including those with special health care needs.
The primary focus of most dental specialties is a particular area of dental, oral, or maxillofacial expertise. Pediatric dentistry encompasses a variety of disciplines, techniques, procedures, and skills that share a common basis with other specialties, but are modified and adapted to the unique requirements of infants, children, adolescents, and those with special health care needs. By being an age-specific specialty, pediatric dentistry encompasses disciplines such as behavior guidance, care of the medically and developmentally compromised and disabled patient, supervision of orofacial growth and development, caries prevention, sedation, pharmacological management, and hospital dentistry, as well as other traditional fields of dentistry. These skills are applied to the needs of children throughout their ever-changing stages of development and to treating conditions and diseases unique to growing individuals. (American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry)
Objectives of Internship in Pediatric Dentistry
- To introduce pediatric dentistry to the intern. This program is ideal for fresh dental graduates
- This internship shall be of great value to young dentists who wish to pursue a career in pediatric dentistry, general dentistry or go abroad for further education in any discipline. The internship letter shall add value to their CV.
- Intern shall receive didactic and clinical exposure and shall observe various dental procedures being performed on a child patient. This shall include but may not be limited to: behavior modification techniques, preventive procedures, restorative and interceptive orthodontic procedures.
- Intern shall observe routine dental procedures in the dental operatory setting and full mouth rehabilitations under general anesthesia in operating room setting.
- Exposure to the management of cleft lip and palate.
- Exposure to management of children with special needs.
HOW TO APPLY
This internship is space limited. Applicants are encouraged to apply online through email attaching their resume and a letter of intent. This letter of intent shall describe as to why they wish to do this internship and how do they think they might benefit from it and their short and long term goals. Short listed applicants shall be invited for an interview. Internship shall being once a minimum of 2 interns are accepted.
Duration: 1-2 Months, Email: info[at]allaboutteeth.com.pk